site image

About Us

|
|
|
|

site image
site image
site image
site image
site image
site image
site image

Here's Our Story


1905

John T. Honeycutt begins working for Buckley-King Funeral Directors in Tacoma, Washington


1918

John T. Honeycutt moves to Ellensburg to begin working for the Bridgeham Funeral Parlor on 6th Street.


1920

Honeycutt family purchases Bridgeham Funeral Parlor and the Selty Funeral Parlor (located in the IOOF Building on Pine Street) shortly thereafter.


1928

Plans approved and construction started on the Honeycutt Mortuary at the corner of 3rd & Ruby. Elbert Honeycutt joins his father in the family business.


1929

Honeycutt Mortuary opens at the corner of 3rd & Ruby, the first funeral home in Kittitas County to offer a chapel and embalming facilities on the premises. The facility was considered one of the best of its kind for a town the size of Ellensburg.


1946

George & Betty Evenson purchase the Honeycutt Mortuary and re-name it Evenson Funeral Home.


1952

D. Paul Cotton joins Evenson Funeral Home as an associate funeral director.


1954-57

Facility upgraded and expanded over time to include a larger garage, carport and other modern amenities.


1982

George & Betty Evenson retire, selling the funeral home to D. Paul Cotton, who renames the business Cotton Chapel.


1990

D. Paul Cotton retires, selling to Christopher Steward & Edward Williams. Funeral home is re-named Steward & Williams Funeral Directors.


1998

Chris Steward & Ed Williams retire, selling the business to Hamilton Group (later Keystone, then SCI).


2017

Funeral home purchased by the Gaffney Group of Tacoma, Washington, returning to private family ownership for the first time in nearly 20 years.


local_florist

© 2019 Steward & Williams Funeral Home and Crematory. All Rights Reserved. Funeral Home website by CFS